Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Happy Summer!

The song, "School's Out for Summer," always plays in my head whenever I think about the last day of school. What a wonderful year it's been at Seisen. Because of the anguish the world has experienced, it's easy to focus on all of the conflict & terror that is constantly being displayed on our news feeds. I believe it's even more important to recognize the good that we see. With that being said, I feel as if our students have accomplished so much, from deeds of service, to choral, dance and drama performances, to sports accomplishments and, most importantly perhaps, LEARNING! Our girls have not only been learning math, science, English, etc., but also understanding more about themselves, and how to be a better friend, student and global citizen. Though the ending of a school year is always bittersweet, I am happy knowing I'll get to see many of the ES girls during Sports Camp and again in August for the start of the next school year.

Parents, though I  know many of your girls will be attending camps home and abroad, there may be those times when you require some non-screen time activities to keep them occupied, especially during rainy days!

Here are a few that I found while browsing.


Good old fashioned board games are always an amazing way to have fun as a family or group of friends. Most of all, kids just want to spend quality time with their loved ones, even if it means having to put their iPads or smart phones down for a little bit. They'll thank you when they're older!

In closing, I want wish all of the Seisen community and happy & safe summer. See you all in August!

~Ms. Carnright

No comments:

Post a Comment